Thursday 17 October 2013

Research-Skills audit

How have my skills developed since AS media?

I really feel I have heightened my knowledge and skills since AS media. Some of the things we looked into last year, I have focused on in more detail this year, for example:
Synergy- the importance of synergy for an artist/s and their fans
Setting and location- Where a video is set can influence the atmosphere created, and express the purpose of
 the song
Audience- I have learnt it is important to think about the core audience and a wider audience
Individual research- the importance of completing research in my own time is vital this year, I have learnt to look further into topics brought up in lessons, and widen my knowledge on them as much as I can
Base tracks- I have furthered my understanding on how effective base tracks can be


There is also some completely new skills I have learnt:
Theories- I have learnt about different theories within media, such as Goodwin, Cernalis and Mulvey,  It is interesting hearing different perspectives in this subject
Narrative/structure- I have gained knowledge on different ways of presenting a music video, such as disjuncture and amplification
Conventions- some aspects of a music video are vital



No comments:

Post a Comment