Thursday 17 October 2013

Research: Thing's I've noticed about music videos...

Being a teenager as part of this technological media and music obsessed generation, I watch a lot of music videos on a weekly basis, whether I choose to or not they are all around.

Before starting the A2 course I never really noticed technological aspects of music videos, I just sat back and enjoyed the visuals, however I have now noticed that A LOT of music videos actually have many things in common across the world of different genres!

I have noticed...


  • They all start slowly and introduce the location (just like other media texts such as films)



Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' opens with a wide shot of the external location the entire music video is based around.

Lady Gaga Ft Beyonce's world famous 'Telephone' also opens with a wide shot to give an overview of the location and theme of the video.


  • Editing features that appear in almost every music video are...
Slow motion - This adds emphasis to all movements and works along with consistent camera movement. Dramatising the visuals, again just like a film/tv text!


e.g. Rizzle Kicks - Lost Generation & Rihanna - We Found Love



No comments:

Post a Comment