Saturday 5 October 2013

[Planning] Music Video Influences

 
The first song that I think we'll be able to use as an inspiration is Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift, the particular shot that I like is the one where Taylor is sitting against the wall and playing her guitar. She is also surrounded by nature in the video which in an aspect that our video will try to adapt too. I think that the composition of this shot is brilliant because even though she's not in the centre it has been framed beautifully and she is still the main focus. (using the rule of thirds)
s



In this close up of Nicole, I like how just like in the previous music video by Taylor Swift, she seems to be surrounded by nature. I particularly like the colours used - they're soft pastel colours and I think that would also go well with our song. We might try to re-create this particular shot (from above) as I think it looks naturally beautiful.As it's shot from a higher angle, it makes her seem more innocent which is the look we are going for with our artist.



In this shot from Miley Cyrus' When I look at you I really like the colour scheme used - it seems like the footage has been altered and yellow toned filters have been added. During the editing process, we may try doing the same using Final Cut Pro as I think it adds a summery soft look to the music video and suits the mood and rhythm of our chosen song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment