Saturday 4 January 2014

Portrait CD Covers

After doing research on the types of CD cover pictures that artists use, it came to my attention that many use close ups of the artists' face in order to draw attention to their identity or just highlight their appearance.

I found a few examples of this which I like, and I might try to re-create it on my own digipak.


 
In all four of these CD covers, we see the artists' face very closely and in my opinion this is effective as we can immediately recognise them.














Following this, we tried to re-create a shot of me which focuses on the face of our artist -
This is one of the images I may use for the front of my digipak if I do decide to stick with this idea :) 
So, I did further research on this and found our that these types of shots are called beauty shots - images in which there is focus on the artists' facial features: 

Here is the definition of the term


No comments:

Post a Comment