Friday 3 January 2014

[Ancillary Research] Last Summer's digipak


There aren't many advantages I can see by looking at my work from last year. However, I have to admit that the colour scheme remains the same (black, grey and white) and an evident link can be made between this and the music video we made for it. 

Apart from what I mentioned above, I think it's pretty bad.

Here are a few reasons why:
1.) The mise en scene is bad. As it was shot in college, we can see the numbers of the rooms above my head and they have nothing to do with the album. This is also a distraction from the actual artist.
2.) The quality of the image on the right side is bad as it's a screenshot from the video
3.) The bar code is WAY too big and positioned in the wrong place.
4.) The images are both stretched out fit with the template we were given which just makes them look terrible. 
5.) There is a grey stripe on the top and I don't even know where it came from. 



What was I thinking when I made it??

It is very unprofessional, but at least I can learn from it and make my real one much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment