Wednesday 11 December 2013

Ancillary Planning: Influences from real digipaks

When it came to planning and designing a digipak for our artist, I knew what kind of idea I had for it I just wasn't sure if it would be seen as too simple. Once I researched more into different styles of digipaks and the style that I was going for I felt more confident with the idea I initially had. Three digipaks particularly stood out to me and I think I will be taking a few ideas from them for my own. 

1. Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet 

I like this one simply because of close up shot of her face and the simplicity of it all. The main idea of it is to the sell the artist and that is essentially what is going on here as there is nothing but Mariah to focus on. 

2. Nicole Scherzinger - Her Name Is Nicole
 
Again here on the front panel you see a simple textured background with the artist on the front of it. I like this because again you focus solely on the artist as she is what stands out. Also I like the neutral colour theme on it. It seems more feminine and elegant which is something that I may use.

3. Taylor Swift - Fearless
 
I decided to look into some Taylor Swift digipaks because from the audience feedback when I had asked about what they would expect, they said they'd expect to see something that you'd get from Taylor Swift as that's who they associated our artist with. Again I like this one because of the simplicity of it (as you can see there's a trend going on here ;)) because it looks more girly and feminine. I also like the creams and beiges used in this. I also like the way her hair blows in the shoot. We shot a few pictures of our artist with her hair blowing in the wind. I wasn't so sure of this at first but after seeing this digipak I am starting to warm to it and I may use one of those for my own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment